Get involved with the Local Youth Board!
Local Youth Boards are a group of NCS Grads from a small region (e.g. a county or a group of boroughs) who come together to design and deliver opportunities for other NCS graduates to be involved with in their local area! Being on the Youth Board is a fantastic opportunity and a significant responsibility.
What does the local youth board do?
- Plan an exciting project or an event from scratch to be delivered on NCS Action Day;
- Have an impact on their local community and continue to reunite NCS graduates;
- Help promote the other opportunities by The Challenge Society including our autumn launch event;
- Work to promote the Youth Board to next years NCS participants and provide amazing training;
- Be involved in a variety of professional and personal development sessions ranging from including CV workshops!
What will you gain from this role?
- Gain valuable insight into how a design and deliver a large event;
- Make a positive impact in the community and to other NCS graduates;
- Develop practical, transferable skills such as leadership, teamwork, communication, project planning, budgeting and more;
- Gain evidence for college, university or job interviews;
- Help others to benefit from taking part in NCS;
- Help further the fastest growing youth movement since the Scouts;
- Access to exclusive TCS networking opportunities!